Monday, September 15, 2008

Devine Dream

In a dream I had last week God came to me and showed me everyone that would be blessed by me believing and keeping my faith in His word. I remember being in awe of how many people would be blessed by me being obedient to Him. I remember God telling me "LOOK AT HOW MUCH I WILL BE GLORIFIED!"

Yes, I knew people could be blessed by what I might say in small group at church or how one of my paintings would speak to their heart or how a simple smile given to the person behind the Starbuck's counter might affect a person. But I'm no Beth Moore or Matt Chandler who's sermons are podcast and downloaded by the 1,000's. I'm just a woman who loves the Lord and prays everyday to be used by Him.

I had no clue to what magnitude the Lord showed me in my dream by how me simply listening and following Him could change so many people's lives! Maybe a regular attendee of church brings his 2nd cousin from Alaska to church who never travels but decided to check out Texas' great weather. They just happen to walk past a wall where one of my paintings is hung...the man glances up at the painting and God all of the sudden speaks to this man's heart by telling him how much He loves him! And then this man takes this spiritual experience back home to Alaska where he shares it with his drinking buddies and God continues to penetrate deeper into the hearts of these men and their families and on and on He works...

We may never know how many lives we touch until we get to heaven! So I ask this question. Why is it that we must see it before we believe it in order to trust God?? God has already shown us the battle was won. I believe that 3/4th's of receiving anything from God is being convinced God wants us to have it.

It is a beautiful thing that the Holy Spirit will let us see beyond things in the natural and look into the eternal if we choose to see through His eyes. What God does reveal in the "unseen" realm has far more reality than what we observe in the "seen" realm. When we see through the eyes of the Spirit everything changes! Praise God!

This past year there have been a few times I feel God has pinned me against the wall and in that instant of emotional upheaval He literally puts me on the spot and asks ..."Susan, who are you going to choose? Me or the ways of the world??" I'm going to take you down twists and turns that don't make sense. You must trust me and follow me".

Have FAITH...it's nothing more than seeing the invisible. Trust God and believe!!

No comments: