BAM !!
Ouch! Just got hit by a blog tagger...I have fallen victim to the latest statistic of bloggers.
Well, it might not be so bad after all...could be a great way to stay in touch so to speak and a new avenue to express myself. Who knows what will be next ....maybe a website called artgodsway.com ???...(hint hint)
Many of you know the last year has been a year of triumphs and failures...growing wisdom and humility for me. I humbly embrace all. The lessons and wisdom I've learned have gone deep--when God wants to bless us, He usually calls us to lay something down. We may deny that we are carrying burdens, we may prefer to hold on to them, we may struggle with fear and doubt but in the end when we finally lay them down, we are blessed beyond belief in the gifts and freedom He has in store for us.
In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him. Ecclesiastes 7:14. God has permitted life to consist of both good and evil so that man cannot independently determine what the future holds for him. True wisdom is beyond acquiring on our own natural ability. WE NEED JESUS ! This kind of wisdom truly gives us life. Praise God! As I never would of guessed in a million years the new calling He has bestowed on me this last year!
God loved me so much that He used and continues to use my painful trials to teach, mold and polish my character. He tests me so that I can learn about myself and His love, power, and faithfulness. He is preparing me for a lifetime of service to Him and to others. My adversities this last year lead up to God giving me an entirely new calling in life, a new sense of purpose and a new direction in so many ways....something more joyful than I could have imagined. So I want to encourage you all to trust God and persevere. Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
On a P.S. note below are some pics of family camp this summer. It was our first year at family camp...what an experience! Right up our alley of family outdoor adventure we love to do so much. Can't wait to go back next year!
Love you all and thanks for "listening".
Susan
Is it legal to drink a sarsaparilla & drive in Arkansas?
"Tubin" the white waters of the lazy river at family camp.
The Warrens, THE Apples to Apples champs of our cabin. (God help us).

3 comments:
Welcome to the blog world. Hope you hang out a while. ;-)
I just wanted to tell you that I love your paintings. I'm in Debbie D.'s home group from The Village and she took me over to the church where they are on display. They are just very beautiful and moving. I loved reading your descriptions and how you came to be painting those. Thank you for sharing!
Yeah Susan! I am glad to see you on here and read more about your life. I miss seeing your smiling face at recovery! Thanks for 'sharing'!
Love,
Caroline
Post a Comment