Friday, August 22, 2008

Yeahhhhh, school !

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK.......I'm counting the seconds to school, routine, early morning lunch requests, and the sound of peace that slaps my butt when I walk in from dropping the boys off at school.

We loved our summer of togetherness but now it's time for mommy to get focused on Him and into a routine of painting. I just can't paint when the boys are at home. When I paint it's like stepping through to another realm....a state of mind if you will. God reveals so much to me....it's like He pulls me in to His world. Often I see Jesus and feel what He feels. It's a beautiful thing that can't be experienced with the ranting and video game sound effects echoing in the background.

This past month God has shown me what He wants me to paint and share in my next painting. Matter of fact, He has not only shown me but engulfed me in what He wants me to paint. I just don't have words to describe this experience other than the story of Jonah and the fish come to mind.


I don't want to give away what I'll be painting as I still feel He isn't quite through revealing all to me.... but I can give you a glimpse.... Just as an eagle swoops down to grab a fish from a stream, God swooped down embraced me and off we soared to the heavens of His love. He has shown (and continues to show) me about love and forgiveness even when those we love reject us. Ohhhhh, the pain is great....but being the God He is He took that pain, melted it down, and showed me how to pour out mercy.

Below is a link to an amazing video that spoke to me about God's love for us. Do you some kleenex near by?

http://www.godtube.com/view_video?viewkey=d5d4ee2c067a456e7c0f


No comments: